From Wall Street Analyst to Game Producer?
Our portfolio company Zynga is looking to hire a bunch of new product managers for their social games. And they are looking for them in an interesting place – Wall Street.
As founder/CEO Mark Pincus explained to me in an email, the product manager position requires strong analytical skills and a desire to do whatever it takes to get it right. They are finding that young people coming out of two year analyst programs (both consulting and investment banking) who are passionate about games and social networking are doing very well in this position. So they are looking for more.
Here's the spec:
Zynga’s Product Manager will be responsible for creating a list of
features to one of our hit games! This person will have to work
independently to provide a detailed roadmap on the implementation
process. The implementation process should include designing,
executing, and optimizing the feature(s).They’ll own the outcome of
these new features by working with our talented team of engineers to
get the features implemented.
• We are looking for an enthusiastic, performance-driven self-starter and team player
• Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy
• Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market
• Strong passion for games
• Strong organizational and analytical skills & attention to detail
• BA/BS degree – CS/EE/Engineering degree preferred
• 2-5 years of experience in product management in consumer web
or game development OR another extremely analytical workplace!
• Passion for creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
• Passion for writing product specifications, white papers
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Previous start-up experience is a strong plus, especially in social networking
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected] !