Yesterday our portfolio company Disqus announced a bunch of numbers including the fact that they had raised $10mm to fund their rapid growth. The AVC community is powered by Disqus and we are big fans of the company here. So I'm pretty sure many of you already saw the news and are happy for the Company. For those that did not see the news, click on that link above. For those who would rather get a brief summary, here's what they announced:
– Disqus is four years old this week
– Disqus communities are viewed each month by almost 500mm users worldwide.
– Over 750,000 blog communities have adopted Disqus
– 35mm commenters actively participate in these communities
– The company grew 5x across all its core metrics in the past year
– 75% of blogs that use a third party comment system use Disqus
– All of this was achieved by just 16 people, but they hope to increase that number in the coming months
If you are interested in working for a rapidly growing category leader, here is their jobs page.
In other news, Disqus released some new features, one of which I discovered in the comments to yesterday's post. If you mention other people in a Disqus comment by typing @ then his or her Disqus name, mentioned people will be notified via email or Twitter. I saw a number of people using this yesterday. Let's do this as much as we can around here. It will make the disqussions even more lively.