Fun Friday: First Seven Jobs
William suggested this to me last night and I was dismissive, but like many things, a good night’s sleep changed my mind.
There’s been a meme going around Twitter called #firstsevenjobs, in which you list your first seven jobs.
These are mine:
- Test taker. Yes, I got paid $5 to take a standardized test on sat afternoons in fourth grade. Practice makes perfect. I’m a fantastic test taker.
- Hot dog vendor at Michie Stadium, the home of Army Football. You had to buy them and then sell them. You could end up “eating” that last one if you weren’t careful.
- Caddie. Usually for the women golfers. But I did get to caddie for the club pro in the NYS Open once. That was great.
- Hot dog vendor at Palisades State Park. I know hot dogs.
- Product quality analyst for Gillette Cricket Lighters. They sold the business a couple years later. Quality, it turns out, was a big issue.
- Lab Assistant, MIT Water Tunnel. This is where I learned to maintain, and then write, software.
- C0-manager, Lobby 7 Coffee/Donut shop. I made so much money doing this. And had a free breakfast every day too.
What were your first seven jobs?