VP Corporate Development Opening in NYC
TACODA (a Union Square Ventures portfolio company) is seeking a VP Corporate Development. TACODA is a rising star in the world of online advertising and a very interesting company to work for.
Here is a description of the position:
The Vice President for Corporate Development will be responsible for
o understanding the competitive dynamics in the field of interactive advertising,
o recognizing new opportunities and developing new business initiatives, and
o implementing corporate and business level strategies for the company.
This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will work with senior management, directors and other stakeholders to build ventures that are successful and results-driven.
• Work with executive team to develop corporate and business level strategies and to communicate key positioning and performance metrics to financial and strategic constituencies
• Serve as interface to development of international markets
• Develop new market initiatives, assess new markets and analyze business opportunities
• Conduct financial feasibility studies and develop proposals for new business opportunities
• Negotiate corporate and business development transactions including partnerships, licenses and M&A
• Monitor interactive advertising trends to drive company strategy, development and positioning
• Establish relationships and partnerships within the interactive media industry
• Develop financial forecasts and budgets for assigned areas of responsibility
• Track and review actual results versus plan and forecast for monitoring business performance and compliance
• Conduct due diligence on corporate capabilities, distribution/marketing channels, and strengths and weaknesses to provide strategic insights and recommendations
• Build financial models to validate the costs/benefits of new initiatives, considering budget, organizational impact and financial reward
• Synthesize and articulate key findings as appropriate for sales, operations, finance, product development and executive audiences
• Use sound financial and market analysis to build a case and make a recommendation for taking a strategic position
• B.A./B.S. (finance, economics), MBA or advanced degree preferred
• 8-10 years of experience in business development, financial analysis and strategic planning
• Proven experience negotiating and closing strategic partnerships
• Excellent applications experience (MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability to negotiate contracts and work with attorneys to close contracts
• Solid understanding of the internet media and advertising space
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.